Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Amber Grace Vego

I have a little girl who is due at the beginning of August. I'm going to name her Amber Grace Vego in honor of my sister. It's something I struggled with, I just didn't know if I could emotionally having a little blonde-haired little girl named Amber running around the house without losing it once in a while (assuming she has blonde hair). But the second Jenny and I saw the ultrasound it just felt right.

This is another one of those huge steps in life where grief hurts the most. You think about little Amber never being able to going shopping with crazy Aunt Amber or the gifts I know she would have showered upon her or maybe the stories that would be told to her as she got a little older. It sucks that she'll never get the chance to meet one of the coolest people I ever knew. She'll never get to laugh the way she could make me laugh. To cry the way she could make me cry.

I guess I'm writing this to say Aunt Amber, we love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment