Sunday, July 19, 2009

The New Norm

The thought behind this whole blog was really an exploration of me physically, spiritually, emotionally, and everything in between finding my new norm. When you lose someone close to you, your life shatters that instance. When you decide that you're ready to return to the world (broken and devastated) it's time to start piecing everything back together again. Slowly the grieving process begins. You're confused, hurt, sad. You start searching for answers only to find that your appetite is one that can't be filled. You read the books, you go to the support groups, you do the blogging. You become angry, the resentment sets in, you start to ask God why, at times you blame God. Throughout this past almost year it has been one crazy installment to my so called life. I wish I had answers to everyone's questions, I wish I had words of encouragement for those who are still hurting, I wish I could be a light to those searching in the darkness.

But this is the new norm whether you like or not. Your choices are limited. You either choose to keep going or you can quit. Seeing people quit around me has been one of the most difficult parts of the entire process. Throughout the next couple of weeks I want to explore what the new norm is like. For those of you out there who have experienced a loss you know how difficult it can be, how much the new norm can help you appreciate the world around you, the good the bad and the in between that comes with the life you have chosen to go on with.For those of you out there who haven't experienced something like this I hope and pray that you never have to. But the realist in me knows that on a long enough time line disaster is going to enter the picture and when it does I hope this blog and be somewhat a comfort (if any can be found).

No comments:

Post a Comment