Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Life Goes On...


Life goes on. I say this somewhat reluctantly. Also I say this not so much for encouragement but because after tragedy strikes there is other choice. Life goes on. Though there are times were this may not feel to be the case, the moments when time can move no slower, the times when you wish things like time didn’t exist; life goes on. Months roll by, I add anther book to the bereavement section of my library but the pain is still real. I guess when I think about it, I don’t know why I thought it would go away or get better. Life doesn’t seemed so concerned with my problems, not once has this world slowed down and asked, “I wonder how that Ross Vego is doing?” I guess life just has better things to be doing on a Tuesday night…

This blog post needs an uplifting spin. I look back and search for the positive in my life. I no longer take the gift of life for granted, I can’t express in words how much I realize this or how often I think about it. I always worried about my family, losing one of my parents or a grandparent but I was so foolish to think that Amber was going to be with me forever; that she would always be me crutch through the tough times and someone to laugh with through the good times (I know there are so many others out there that feel exactly the same way. I always felt she was invincible.). But now I can begin to grasp the just how quickly life is given and taken away from us. How childish we are in thinking that it’s ours to do as we please with. I say again like I have said to so many of you, take nothing for granted. Cherish the moments, the seconds you have with those you love. Call someone you haven’t talked to in awhile. Tell people you love them even if you think they know. Never miss out on an opportunity you think some day you might regret.

1 comment:

  1. glad you finally posted. i've been waiting for over a month!!! but your right life doesnt stop for us to be sad, but in all of this i have changed and have learned alot as you mentioned. life cant be taken for granted because nothing is guaranteed. im sad it took losing someone so special to have it hit home and to actually live the lesson. I can say that I am part of the good that has come of this because I know i now live a better life. But I would give anything to hug her and hear that laugh just one more time. life will no longer come in between me and my friends and families. i miss her

    ReplyDelete